Ultimate Side Reins are your best choice for effective, lasting results
- they invite the horse to stretch his head and neck both forward and down.
- they slide through the bit ring or optional bit snap so the horse has the freedom to lower it's head as needed, developing relaxation and self carriage.
- they are especially effective on horses with high head carriage, tightness in the back muscles, or for horses who have learned to lean on the side reins rather than carry themselves.
- they are an excellent retraining tool for any horse or for starting young horses out correctly.
- they can help provide rebalance training for horses who are heavy on the forehand
- they are simple and easy to use yet versatile
- require no extra equipment - just use your saddle!
- they are made of durable, quality materials and are affordable!
From the girth billets or lowest surcingle D through the bit ring back to the surcingle or D ring on the saddle.
Around the girth between the legs, through the bit rings to the girth buckles, the surcingle D or to the D
ring on your saddle.
From the girth billets or surcingle D ring to the bit where they attach with optional “Bit Snap” then to the D rings on the surcingle or saddle.
A training aid is only as effective and humane as the hands it is in, please consult an equine professional before beginning or modifying any program.
View our About Ultimate Side Reins page for more information, or purchase side reins here.